PS Jailbreak, Your Thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PS Jailbreak, Your Thoughts?

In case you haven't heard, the PS3 has been hacked. This time it's pretty much a valid hack.

check it out

PS Jailbreak

What are your thoughts?

Desz
TQ Hosts
TQ Hosts

Number of posts : 746
Location San Diego
XBL Tag TQcast
Preferred System : PS3
Registration date : 2010-01-08

http://tqcast.com

Back to top Go down

- Similar topics
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

PS Jailbreak, Your Thoughts? :: Comments

Post on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:48 pm by V8SuperCars

I know many of you like these sort of things.

IMO i think it sucks, nothing worse than having 100s of free games that you can never enjoy, i would rather go out spend my hard earned cash on a new game, and play it to knowing you spent money on it and dont have 100s of games to distract you and never finish any games, also gives the developer the money they deserve for spending years and years making it and its my support towards futures games.

Then you have the possibilities were it can alter the system and provide grounds for cheats with trophies and online gaming.

Sony bring on an update asap to make this item fail.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:53 pm by Desz

Would you be upset, if I told you I ordered one V8? But for instructional purposes of course.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:15 pm by V8SuperCars

not at all, unlike others i know you will not get it to try take advantage of cheating online or going over kill, just be careful Sony can sniff these things in its os, dont want another banned console. Wink

What are your thoughts Desz? different to mine? i know when raw was on you were into these things.

Just hate gamers killing themselves, like when you see the same race killing each other and think what are they doing??? kinda the same it just hurts the industry so much, its like why would you shoot the one thing that you love?
Eg of this is say your TQ site is pay per month, i hack it and get on the site for free, its all great until you have to shut down the site because you can no longer afford to run the servers to keep it going, the way i see it we all loose in the end instead of all winning.

Just my view, dont hate on other doing it as i see it all the time, i just wont go down that road myself.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:11 am by El Kontakt

That shit cost like 100 plus dollars. I don't support piracy but that is just whack. I have second thoughts of the PS3 over taking the 360 now. Piracy will just turn away developers. Sony needs to patch this thing fast. But I would mind getting homebrew that can make my ps3 run faster in a browser and play any type of videos

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:50 am by Desz

Well V8, to be honest with you, you hit it right on. I love these breakthroughs because I'm curious to see how it works and want to try it for myself. The chip was a bit expensive, and I'll leave it at that.

One of the best things till this day in my home is a modded Xbox original, the thing gets played every single day by my kids and they also use it as their media center to watch movies, and so on. I love that console.

With that said, I would not take advantage of the jailbreak for copying games I don't own, seriously I barely have time to watch Jersey Shore now a day. But, I would use it to backup games I own, and possibly sell the originals, once I don't feel I need them.

I sold over 40 Xbox originals when I copied them over to my drive, and till this day, they are in top shape because they are in digital format.

I can go on, on the different possibilities the PS3 now has, and I will tell you my theory, Sony unleashed this themselves. Why? Over 4 years into its life cycle, and they haven't made enough profit off the consoles. Time to unleash the hacks just like it happened with the PS2, otherwise, the PS3 would be a failure. Just wait and see, the skyrocket in PS3 sells TQfam, mark my word. Forget about price drops, they can't afford that anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:26 am by V8SuperCars

See your point of view Desz and kinda had a feeling thats how you would use it, and not go overkill and still support the gaming industry.

Let us know your thoughts on it and how it works.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:24 pm by V8SuperCars

Desz and others, i hope you have a second PS3 or you can get a refund on the product.

HAX Network:
While we are all up and excited about PSJailbreak (PSjb), there might be a risk on playing with PSjb on PSN. According to SKFUand RichDevX, the Backup manager game ID (LAUN-12345) could be logged/recorded by Sony when logged into PSN (when online). This would obviously allow Sony to see who would be using the illegal PSjb/clone and we could very well see ban waves similar to the Xbox 360. Sony does currently ban PSN/consoles that results in the 8002A227 error code.

Article Link

EDIT

I just been reading up on other sites and it turns out that cause its not hard wired into the console they can simply change the bootcode of the PS3 so it cannot boot from USB, Wow how simple, developer of Jailbreak will be jail-broke in no time, looks like failed product, unless you have a second console and do not have friends or want to go online ever.

EDIT 2

Here is a 2 video review of the product, i have not seen it yet just loading it up now

Video Review

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:29 pm by Desz

Not a big problem at all, since people wont be playing on the PSN while having the USB dongle on. This hack is much like the original xbox's hack, you can turn it on or off. Sony can't banned you if they can't detect the dongle.

If people want to play online, they should buy the game.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:41 pm by V8SuperCars

oh i see, i remember the old xbox hack was like a switch on the side for when you want to go online if i remember?

So if you take out the dongle and go online its ok but with it in your a screwed LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:56 pm by V8SuperCars

Guess Jailbreak will be just that and not jail-Broke as i said it LOL.

This article found that its been completely sold out even at its high cost.

Article link

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:17 am by TheL1T1G4T0R

1) I think the PS3 was always going to sell more than the 360. It's simply a better product. You can see the same thing happening now with the Android devices outselling the iPhone. Doesn't mean the 360 or iPhone are bad...just that other companies raised the bar.

2) I have a certain disrespect for people that pirate games. Doing it for research is one thing, but I disassociated myself with several people for refusing to buy games because they could get them for free. The funny thing is these people just don't get it. Sure you can stick a 500GB hard drive in your system, but that's it. Once Sony disables the USB ports...it is over! That means those games you installed on that external drive are useless unless you go buy another PS3 to play them on and never connect it to the Internet.

3) Like I said on N4G, I would actually make people activate their systems in stores from now on and register their names with Sony before walking out the door with a console ala cell phones. You wouldn't be able to get away with crap then.

4) I understand people can't afford everything. That's because we were not meant to watch or play everything. Even those who can afford it, don't. Buy used games or rent games. There's just way too many places to get games on the cheap.

5) Gaming could stop like that. Sony could just pull the plug and shut down their gaming division. They already made their money. They could immediately lower their overhead and sell off the remaining stock and never give you anything else related to gaming. Every developer and publisher could do this.

6) I download TV shows but I usually end up buying the Blu-Rays or DVDs. I also pay for cable so I don't feel I'm stealing anything. I'm not rich but if I want something good to continue, I choose to support it with my cash.

I don't get it. Soliders fight to protect our rights. They fight so that nobody can steal our freedom. Yet people readily steal from everybody they can here. It's the biggest sign of disrespect to me.

I remember what BMI was about. For the most part, if they liked something they at least told people about it or bought it. I can understand why websites and their staff need to do it because it's their job to review video games. But it is a slippery slope. People see the sites doing it and they decide it's okay to do it themselves without thinking of the consequences.

Do I like it? Not really. But I understand it. I just think every Tom, Dick, and Harry shouldn't be stealing something they claim to like. If everybody pirates something, why should I make more of it? They obviously don't value it enough to purchase it so why continue? Pirate the old stuff and consoles all you want. You're not hurting anybody there.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:38 pm by Siggy

This is very interesting. I would love one not to pirate PS3 games but to play games from past consoles by Nintendo, Sega, Sony and others. PS3 is very powerful so just imagine what you could do once you unlock its full potential.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:53 pm by V8SuperCars

Passionate L1T1G4T0R Smile

Nice long post, kinda sums up how i feel, dont hate on ppl who do it but also wonder why they do it and i will not do it.

I see there is a poll up about it on TQcast.com will be interesting to see the results of what the general public/gamers vote.

Siggy, the PS3 is a major powerhouse, GT5 will tap this power, they have spent 6 years developing this game, each car takes a team over 1month to perfect, and is utilising each and every aspect of the PS3s power and effects.
This is one game i would hate ppl to not buy and copy, all that effort, all that time, all the staff (over 130) deserve there money for there pain staking time to bring us something that is so awesome and so perfected, they could just of pulled a FM3 and rushed out a game that has sub par graphics only 720p, only 5.1 sound, only 400cars, only 30fps and no effects added in, but they didnt and they have pushed it for us the gamers to bring us a superior product.
Best way i can say thank-you is buy pulling out my wallet and enjoying the game on the GT5 community features.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:40 am by JoEDigiTECH

I hate this because people are going to abuse it and developers are already losing their jobs. Say what you want about fat cat publishers and their business practices but when ever you buy or pirate a game you are effecting someone's livelihood.

I can understand some reasons for jailbreaking a console as far as backing up games you purchased. I do disagree with selling the of the original and maintaining the digital copy. Once you sell the original you relinquish all rights to that intellectual property. You have transferred the ownership of that single license.

I hate those pirates that say "Oh, deez gamez r 2 much moneyz", eff you, stop making excuses for your dumb ass and go get your grind on. "Oh, I just download it so I can demo it" eff you, the majority of the games coming out have demos. "Oh, but the demos are too short, I don't get a good idea of how good the game is." Screw you, do you think a BMW dealership would like it if I took an M3 across country test drive? If these are your excuses you are just lying to yourself. There are hundreds of review sites out there and there is bound to be at least one reviewer who's opinion you trust.

Desz, I can't agree with your point of view that Sony wanted or "let" it happen. Because, if it is true and people got wind of it, publishers would lose thier friggin' minds. I can't see them wanting to sell more consoles at the risk of losing publisher mind share.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum