PSN Games for the PSP Go

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PSN Games for the PSP Go

After seeing the Dell PSP Go price drop from the main page I decided to order one. There are a few games that I have in mind that I will be getting such as FF7 & Medal Gear: Peace Walker. Does anyone have any recommendations? I like adventure, shooters, fighting, and RPGs.

Thanks in advance.

JoEDigiTECH
Guardian
Guardian

Number of posts : 68
Location Lowell, MA
XBL Tag JoEDigiTECH
Preferred System : Xbox 360
Registration date : 2010-06-09

http://www.joedigitech.com

Back to top Go down

- Similar topics
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

PSN Games for the PSP Go :: Comments

Post on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:59 am by yodathe3rd

patapon god of war chains of olympus i will be picking one up waiting to see if a psp2 will be coming out.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:59 am by JoEDigiTECH

yodathe3rd wrote:patapon god of war chains of olympus i will be picking one up waiting to see if a psp2 will be coming out.

Thanks, it doesn't look like they are announcing PSP2. I'm under the impression that Sony doesn't want to go up against the 3DS unless they have something amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:33 pm by El Kontakt

JoEDigiTECH wrote:
yodathe3rd wrote:patapon god of war chains of olympus i will be picking one up waiting to see if a psp2 will be coming out.

Thanks, it doesn't look like they are announcing PSP2. I'm under the impression that Sony doesn't want to go up against the 3DS unless they have something amazing.
Sony is just holding back, they are taking notes to pwn the 3ds.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:28 am by Desz

3DS is the future of handheld.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:50 am by JoEDigiTECH

From what I heard of the 3DS, it should be amazing.

My reasons for buying the PSP is for the exclusives and the price drop. I'm 15 hours into FF7 right now and I just got my 3 free game vouchers for LBP, Socom, and Ratchet & Clank. I think I bought at the right time.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:32 pm by TheL1T1G4T0R

I've gotten about 8 games total free to play on my PSP from Qore and PS Plus. Hopefully, they'll be granting some discounts on Big PSP titles too.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:38 am by JoEDigiTECH

I downloaded MGS Peace Walker last night. I'm super hyped to get deep into it. The game is jammed full of features.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:41 am by V8SuperCars

let us know what you think of the game once you more into it JOE, wouldnt mind getting that game.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:49 am by Siggy

FF7, FF8 and FF9 are great RPGs that were on PSone. Suikoden is also a great PSone RPG.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:34 am by JoEDigiTECH

MGS Peace Walker is excellent. I was a bit weary about only having one analog stick but it really isn't an issue in this game as long as you are patient, use stealth and avoid massive conflicts. Large gun battles are a sure fire way to soak up a bunch of rations. I approach the game play in this one the same as I did for the original MGS for the PSOne with an emphasis on avoiding detection. I use a lot of CQC so that I can use the Fulton Recovery System to send my prisoners back to add to my team (as an aside, I once used a CQC take down on a guy in a tower and his plummet to his death was pretty awesome even though I failed mission because of it).

You can send back captured enemies and ally prisoners back to your mother base to support your efforts. You an break them down into different teams such as, combat, R&D, mess hall, medical and intelligence. Each team will provide support in there own way and the more personnell you have the more efficient the teams become.
As you progress you will retrieve documents and specs for different items that your team can work on. Early on the people I've captured have been low leveled and I assume the soldiers I capture later will be higher. If you the micro management scares you, have no fear, there is an auto assign feature.

The missions broken down in small chunks and there are a lot of optional side missions to do. Doing the side missions will help fill out your team, gain weapon specs and leveling up. You would be dumb not to do the side missions because they also build your skill. Cutscenes are rendered in a semi-animated comicbook style which are beautifully drawn, include interactive elements, and are fully voice. Unlike a lot of other MGS games, after the cutscene you get to go back to home base to prepare for the next story mission or play some more side missions.

I still have quite a bit to go I think, I've only been through a couple of boss battles. I can say this title is a must buy for anyone that has a PSP and if there is anyone on the fence about buying the PSP this should be the game you get.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:10 pm by Desz

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:51 pm by JoEDigiTECH

Too bad the co-op is only ad-hoc. No online multiplayer sucks.

Back to top Go down

Post Today at 11:24 pm by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum