Do you know about DanceHall? Music Vids Included!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you know about DanceHall? Music Vids Included!

Dancehall is a genre of Jamaican popular music. A more sparse version of reggae it also speaks on politics and religion but not as direct as roots style, which at the time was associated with the Rastafari movement, and which had dominated much of the 1970s.

I just wanted to know, because this type of music is not relevant in the USA. Well most of the USA. I did hear some back in New York. As some of you know I'm from South America, Guyana and they are Caribbean oriented not like other South American country mostly because we are the only English speaking country in South America. I just wanted to ask if you guys even know of this Genre or heard of it. If you want to read the History you can @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancehall

Here are some recent hits we had Very Happy. Before you pass judgement listen to them all.

WARNING SOME VERY EXPLICIT LYRICS

El Kontakt
Stylish Devil
Stylish Devil

Number of posts : 113
Location North America, Texas
XBL Tag NONE
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down