Halo Reach Beta!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halo Reach Beta!

whos gonna be playing the beta this Monday? I dont really like halo multiplayer but im certantly gonna try that out. so whos ever gonna play that, im be on Live after 6pm this Monday..

ochoas08
Vanguard
Vanguard

Number of posts : 24
Location Chicago
XBL Tag ochoas08
Preferred System : Xbox 360
Registration date : 2010-03-16

Back to top Go down

- Similar topics
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Halo Reach Beta! :: Comments

Post on Mon May 03, 2010 12:08 am by TheL1T1G4T0R

Yo....keep us updated. I've been watching videos but I'm not seeing anything to be excited about.

I'm really hoping Bungie did better this go around but it just looks like Halo 3 again to me with jetpacks.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon May 03, 2010 6:13 am by V8SuperCars

ochoas how do you get the beta? is that from ODST?

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon May 03, 2010 10:23 pm by propagnda

i just play halo reach beta it look a little better but not much and play the same, yes you got jetpack a little kids call you a fag, if you love halo 3 you well like this because it is halo 3.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon May 03, 2010 10:54 pm by ochoas08

yeah im in the beta cause of odst. First of all i didnt liked halo 3 multiplayer played it a couple times but didnt like it. But Reach, it feels different to me. Its more fast paced and im liking it. I got 2-3hours in and i enjoyed it. Before you respawn u get the option to either have jet-pack,sprint, invincible etc. And each one is use the best depending on the mode your playing or the way your team strategy playing. Im really liking it. I did however had troubles joining a match in a party. But again this is a beta. No lag at all though.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue May 04, 2010 4:10 pm by V8SuperCars

damn i want to play, quick question hope someone can answer soon as i want to buy it today, if i pick up ODST cheap as a used copy will it still work with the halo reach beta? or is there a code of some sort that i need and should buy a new copy to get onto the beta?

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue May 04, 2010 8:39 pm by ochoas08

v8 all you need is the campaign disk in your 360 of odst. no code just disk. you'll have to download the beta in the odst menu which is 1.15gb but than you'll be able to play. hit me up on live if u get it

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed May 05, 2010 10:26 pm by V8SuperCars

Thanks Ochoas, i now have my hands on Halo Reach Beta, well not really my hands on since its a DL Smile

Anyway played reach for a few hours so far, what can i say? its classic Halo gameplay, it does seem more fast paced and much more fluid than previous outings, IMO they have nailed it, the extra items add so much of a change to the games modes, the menu is neat and easy to navigate and use.
Graphics have been bumped, at fist sight i was WOW this looks crazy and the textures and poly count have been bump up big time and looks fantastic however once your into the game you start to not notice the graphical upgrade and start to just feel the style and look of old halos, its graphics are way above average and im more than happy to play looking at this game.

Lag, didnt get any at all, its was silky smooth, and was totally impressed.

Overall im over the moon with the Reach, they have improved on so many aspects nothing over the top but just enough to no fxxk up the game but compliment the game, thats all Halo needs IMO and i think this is 100x better than that over hype camping game called MW2.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri May 07, 2010 2:53 pm by TheL1T1G4T0R

Glad to hear it. I haven't enjoyed a Halo title since the first one. I played the first 3 but it just felt way off to me especially with the lack of pistol power.

If it comes to the PC, maybe I'll download it and give it a go.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri May 07, 2010 10:46 pm by Desz

believe it or not, I might be buying a new 360 to play online.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat May 08, 2010 11:03 pm by ochoas08

Desz do it! Make sure u put warranty on that though. I bought my 360 elite with odst and Forza3 in april and just on Thursday night that shit broke on me. It kept freezing and freezing, the controller wouldnt sync. It was so bad that at times only the xbox logo appear and it would freeze or 5sec after the xmb appear it froze. It was past the 30day return, actually it was 5 days more but the dude at gamestop was nice enough to exchange it and I got a brand new one! But yeah 360 still arent realiable now i have store warranty!..cause its a bitch to send it to M$ and might get a used one..

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun May 09, 2010 5:38 am by TheL1T1G4T0R

I actually entertained the thought of picking up a 360 so I could try and be less biased.

The reliability thing is my key issue. If they put out that Xbox 180...Half the size and Half the Price...I may pick up one if it hits $99 brand new.

Other than that, I can't see myself spending $200 on it especially for just a few games. I was hoping that Halo Reach was going to be some type of MMO shooter. That might have enticed me to bite.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon May 10, 2010 3:03 pm by Kosamus

I am now in the REACH BETA as well! Been playing lots of Invasion and Invasion Slayer, and I must say that having choke and focus points for objectives really makes the experience of halo quite enjoyable again. The different classes really make this game play quite differenmtly than the past versions. I was really on the ropes about playing or even buying REACh, but if enough TQfam jump aboard, i'll definently pick this one up. I know I have said in the past that im completely done with HALO but the squad only voice chat is golden in a world of anonomous idiots. Plus the matchmaking options really help when you dont want to be paired up with overanxious 12year old chatterboxes.

On the negative, Its still Halo, but atleast its alot faster now.

Add me on Xbox360: Kosamus -for some beta action!

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:28 am by Desz

Some lame idiot posted a spoiler ending on TQcast.com's comments. Still looking forward to playing this game as 4 player co-op though.

Who is down? Me and my son and 2 other TQfam. add me "TQcast"

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:02 am by V8SuperCars

Reach is going to be great, Halo3 co-op was superb and Reach should be even better.

I will be playing it come launch day and will jump in co-op when im on but cannot lock in to a time to do from start to finish.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:01 pm by Guest

I got my review copy a week and a half ago, and while there's not MUCH I can say yet (fucking embargo), I will say that this is the best Halo game since combat Evolved. The story is gripping and emotional. The graphics are easily the best of any current 360 exclusive. The new and improved Forge and Firefight modes are a joy to get into.

The avatar awards are quite nice as well, even though one of them is a BITCH to get....anyways, can't wait for full release to play with some of you.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:07 pm by Siggy

Gamestop phoned me today and said the game will be out Tuesday morning. I asked if there was a midnight launch at that store and they said no because there were not enough pre-orders. Weird since it looks to be the biggest selling game of 2010.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum