OnLive for $15 a month

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OnLive for $15 a month

PC gaming service OnLive is finally dated and priced! The on demand streaming game arrives June 17th in the United States, priced at $14.95 USD per month.

That is $180 a year just for the service, not including game rentals - Ouch!

OnLive is comping the first three months worth of service to the first 25,000 qualified people who sign up for the service and promises multi-month pricing "loyalty programs" will be announced closer to E3. OnLive says it also plans to release rental and purchase pricing details closer to E3.

The $14.95 USD monthly fee does not include the rental and ownership fees associated with actually playing those games. The subscription fee pays for things like "instant-play free game demos; multiplayer across PC, Mac and TV platforms; massive spectating; viewing of Brag Clips video capture and posting; and cloud-saving of games you've purchased."

I don't know about you guys, but I am way to low on funds for this service at this time. I suppose it is actually a real good deal if you just want to play a certain game for a month and move on with your life. Do you guys plan on using this service? Remember after 4-5 years, the service has now cost you $720 at the very least!

Kosamus
Stylish Devil
Stylish Devil

Number of posts : 102
Location New Mexico
XBL Tag Kosamus
Preferred System : PS3
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down