Tequila Review: Dos Lunas Tequila

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tequila Review: Dos Lunas Tequila

Tequila: Dos Lunas Tequila Reposado and Silver
Imported By: Tequilas del Senor in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.
Price: Aprox. $39.99 (Reposado) 34.99 (Silver)
Review by Desz Martinez

Now a day, there are tons of Tequilas being put out on a daily basis–some being well marketed, while most of them, have never been heard of. While Tequila has a reputation of being the alcohol most people avoid at a party, the speculation may come from the un-educated crowd, that buy the cheapest tequila money can buy–in essence not quality, not 100% Agave. As time changes, well marketed tequilas had started educating the younger crowd by simply marketing what they preach, good tequila equals great time, while not giving you that pounding head ache the following morning.

One of these good 100% Blue Agave tequilas, goes by the name of Dos Lunas. Dos Lunas Tequila launched both their Silver and Reposdao tequilas in 2006. Ever since 2006 Dos Lunas has being producing quality tequilas, and even adding more tequila to their family such as the Dos Lunas Anejo Tequila, and the mighty Dos Lunas Grand Reserve tequila. From the mineral rich fields of Jalisco, Mexico, Dos Lunas uses only the best Blue Agave plants for their Tequilas.

Let’s get started with the Dos Lunas Silver Tequila: Dos Lunas Silver Tequila’s aroma is elegant, smooth, and hints of citrus. The taste is a very zesty, rich and smooth taste that could be taken strait, over ice. Most Silver tequilas work well with shot taking, and although Dos Lunas Silver Tequila works perfect for that, Dos Lunas Silver is surprisingly so smooth that it could be sipped. The After Taste; again– is smooth, hints of citrus zest, very earthy, and last but not least it leaves you with a very rich after taste, that is rare for silver tequilas.

Tequila Recap (Dos Lunas Silver)
Aroma: Hint of Citrus, Smooth, Elegant.
Taste: Citrus, Zesty, Smooth.
After Taste: Citrus Zest is huge with the after taste, very Earthy/Plant taste, smooth, very Rich.
Buzz feel: Mellow, Eager for more.
Similar TQ: None I have tasted, very unique flavor.
Final verdict: 4 out of 5 TQshots

Drink Tip
Piña Agave Cocktail
3/8 · Lemon
2 · Chunks of Pineapple
2 · Wheels English Cucumber
1/2 oz · Agave Nectar
1 1/2 oz · Dos Lunas Silver Tequila
1/2 oz · Sprite / Club Soda
Garnishwith a slice of English cucumber
Muddle the first four ingredients then add the Tequila, soda, ice, shake and pour into a high ball glass.

Dos Lunas Reposado Tequila: Dos Lunas Reposado tequila rested for nine months in a combination of new American oak barrels and used bourbon barrels. The aroma has a fresh citrus, vanilla, wood, and smooth scent that leave your nostrils feeling rich. The taste has a very zesty, spicy, hint of vanilla silky finish to it. I had a few shots to get the full taste and it is very consistent with the flavors, it goes down smooth, yet the kick is spicy. The after taste was very unique, like nothing I have tasted in a TQ before; Dos Lunas Reposado Tequila has a very earthy mineral after taste that leaves you craving for more.

Tequila Recap (Dos Lunas Reposado)
Aroma: Citrus, Vanilla, Wood, Smooth
Taste: Citrus, Zesty, Spicy, Vanilla, Silky
After Taste: Very Earthy Mineral after taste.
Buzz feel: Smooth and relaxed
Similar TQ: Corralejo Reposado (only with taste)
Final verdict: 4 out of 5 TQshots

Drink Tip
Caliente
3 chunk(s) Pineapple
2 slice(s) Ginger
1 1/2 oz. Dos Lunas Reposado Tequila
1/2 oz. Cactus Juice
1/2 oz. Ginger Ale
1/6 piece(s) Lime
Instructions
Muddle the first four ingredients, add the Dos Lunas Reposado tequila, shake and serve on the rocks. Top off with the ginger ale. Garnish with a crystalized ginger.

Read full review with images here Dos Lunas TQ review

Desz
TQ Hosts
TQ Hosts

Number of posts : 746
Location San Diego
XBL Tag TQcast
Preferred System : PS3
Registration date : 2010-01-08

http://tqcast.com

Back to top Go down