Tequila Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tequila Review

Tequila: Tequila Casco Viejo Reposado
Imported By: Casa Tequilera Casco Viejo Jalisco, Mexico
Price: Aprox. $38.00

Review by Olivia Martha

Tequila Casco Viejo Reposado is a 100% agave tequila that really lives up to the visionary style of Don Agustin Camarena. Not only was I impressed by the rich aroma and smoothness of this tequila but also by the environmentally safe production of all tequilas by Casa Tequilera Casco Viejo. This tequila absolutely made a good impression on me.

Tequila Casco Viejo Reposado is a tease to the senses with a very alluring color and smell. This tequila has a rich golden color with a wonderful agave aroma, notes of light oak and fresh spices. The true experience of Casco Viejo is in its rich agave flavor with a hint of fresh herbs and earthy cloves. It is the kind of tequila that makes you want to keep taking shots, even if your not a tequila drinker. It is also great for mixing because of the smooth taste created by its double distillation process.

Casa Tequilera Casco Viejo combines the old and well-kept tequila process with the most innovative technology. Being among the top 4 producers of agave plants and 3rd largest tequila seller in Mexico, Casco Viejo developed one of the most modern devices for recycling everything that is discarded throughout the production of tequila called the ZERO-D. Their concern for the environment and the future production of their product was a big plus in my book. Just another reason to choose their products over others.

I recommend this tequila to anyone with an appetite for great tasting tequilas with unique richness in aroma, body and flavor. There is nothing better than a tequila that carries the Mexican heritage and pride.

“In Casa Tequilera Casco Viejo, we are committed to give our best by improving our production process…We firmly believe that an improvement can be done, not only in the production of Tequila, but also in other areas such as water recycling, energy production, etc.”

All in all Tequila Casco Viejo is an intricate work of art which honors tradition, pride and history in an unparalleled experience.

Tequila Recap

Aroma: Aromas of oak with a hint of spice that tickles your senses.

Taste: A warm agave oak flavor which goes down smooth.

After Taste: A spicy after taste with a little bite .

Buzz feel: I had enough to feel mellow and content.

Similar TQ: Don Agustin Reposado

Final verdict: 4 out of 5 TQshots

Drink Tip

Paloma
Ingredients: 2 shots of Tequila Casco Viejo, Grapefruit (Toronja) soda, a dash of salt, a splash of lemon juice and ice
Directions: Add ice into a salt rimmed glass and pour in Tequila Casco Viejo. Fill with grapefruit soda and add a splash of lemon juice to taste. Stir and enjoy!

Back to top Go down

- Similar topics
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Tequila Review :: Comments

Post on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:55 am by Kosamus

Good stuff, very professional

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:32 pm by Desz

I couldn't agree more, very professional, and real. We can tell you know your TQ.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:41 pm by Guest

i'm glad you guys liked it. I'm looking forward to writing some more reviews.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:42 pm by Desz

I need to start mine for the Dos Lunas, There is only about half a shot left in each sample bottle, but enough for a review.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:46 pm by Guest

Can't wait to read it. I have another to do this weekend and been doing some research so look for another from me soon.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:02 pm by Desz

I really need to find "Abandonado" It was one of my highest rated TQ's at the TQ tasting event, but can't find it anywhere. That one had an incredible honey taste.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:16 pm by Guest

http://www.missionliquor.com/Store/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=009&DEPT=000002&CAT=000013&BACK=A0011A1E0000042E1

Abandonado Reposado Tequila 80 Proof 750ml $46.99

Hey you should also check out http://www.fortequilalovers.com/ I'm already a member

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:58 pm by Desz

Just signed up! User name Desz"

Man check this out!!! Damn I love this site already

http://www.fortequilalovers.com/tequila-and-/tequila-and-food/avocado-mango-salad

and this

http://www.fortequilalovers.com/tequila-and-/tequila-and-rocks/pina-agave

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:09 pm by Guest

I figured you would

Personally I like to use toronja in place of sprite gives it more flavor.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:16 pm by Desz

http://community.fortequilalovers.com/Desz

You can find me at the bar bottle full of TQ mama, I got what you need... Yeah I'm loving that site.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:59 pm by Denoch

Thanks for the hook up, ill use this for this Sunday.
For the Super Bowl, we are going to watch it at my house

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:55 pm by Guest

Denoch wrote:Thanks for the hook up, ill use this for this Sunday.

So how was your Super Bowl party?

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:52 pm by Denoch

Phoenix33 wrote:
Denoch wrote:Thanks for the hook up, ill use this for this Sunday.

So how was your Super Bowl party?

It was fun as hell, we started drinking around 3pm, lets just say that by the time the game started everybody was happy.
We had pizza and some wings to eat, just to ease the heavy buzz that everyone was carrying.
Although mostly everyone wanted the Saints to win , couple of friends that had made some bets against the Saints went home a little less richer.

Back to top Go down

Post Today at 7:51 am by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum