PS3 or XBOX360?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PS3 or XBOX360?

Hey TQForum,
Whats happening? I've made this thread to ask what you guys think I should get a PS3 or XBOX360? I have a Wii and apparently there is nothing coming out for it. I had the Wii for about 1 1/2 years now and I regret my choice of console. I could have gotten an PS3 or XBOX 360 but I'm all the way over in South America and everything is overpriced. So I'm coming to visit in March and I wanted to get a new console so guys I need some suggestions .

JvdAmdShdt
Stylish Devil
Stylish Devil

Number of posts : 103
Location South America,Guyana
XBL Tag NONE
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

- Similar topics
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

PS3 or XBOX360? :: Comments

Post on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:18 pm by Kosamus

I know their are tons of games out there, but im just listing the games I would want to play if I had a new console. The games with a * are the games you can real cheap.

Playstation 3 - Retail

*Infamous
*Killzone 2
Uncharted *1 & 2
*Metal Gear Solid 4
*Fallout 3 with DLC
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Assassins Creed 2
Dragon Age
*God of War Collection
Batman Arkham Asylum
Heavy Rain
Yakuza 3

Xbox360 - Retail

Mass Effect *1 & 2
*Fallout 3 with DLC
*Gears of War 2
*Bioshock
Assassins Creed 2
Dragon Age
Batman Arkham Asylum
*Skate

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:31 pm by JUiCE

PS3 all the way, man! Kosamus' list is very well done and good to follow. In my opinion, you will get more out of the PS3 then the 360. 360 is a great console as well.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:50 pm by V8SuperCars

PS3 100%, Manly cause of warranty, the 360 will blow up over time and if you are not buying local it might cause an issue with returns.
PS3 has solid line of game, great online (thats free), region free to import cheap games if they are expensive locally etc.

PS- The games Kosamus highlighted for PS3 with an * nailed it, if i was going to buy a PS3 those are the games i would buy no doubt.
Oh and if you cannot get Fallout 3 cheap get Oblivion GOTY version(made by the same developer) its an olden day setting of Fallout3 that should not be missed IMO is the best RPG ever made and that game alone (once you are into it) will eat up easy 150hrs of gameplay in a blink of the eye.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:10 pm by Guest

I'm going to get a PS3 mostly because of Heavy Rain. My brother has had a few 360's and has had nothing but trouble with them. V8SuperCars made a good point about warranty and having to return the console living so far away. So the PS3 might be the way to go in your case.

PS:I'm going to order my PS3 through the TQcast website.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:23 pm by JvdAmdShdt

Thx for the feedback guys, I will take them into consideration when choosing.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:24 pm by Guest

DEFINITELY a PS3, bro! The reasons that the TQfam above mentioned are only 5% of the amazing factors that make a PS3 THE system to own! I love my 360 as well, but dude...........get a PS3 porfavor!

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:34 pm by Desz

PS3 for one reason, and one reason only. PlayStation Home!

It's the future.

But when it comes to gaming, the PS3 just feels well made, and reliable. My 360 has died on me twice.

If you do decide to buy a PS3, These would be my current picks.

1. God of War Collection
2. Metal Gear Solid 4
3. Little Big Planet
4. Pixel Junk Monsters
5. Killzone 2

Be on the look out for God of War 3 and Heavy Rain.

If you are in to RPG's this year will be big for PS3, you have White Knight Chronicles, Last Rebellion, and Final Fantasy XIII

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:29 pm by Guest

Ok so it's official I just ordered my PS3 from TQShop Amazon and it will be here tomorrow. I'm too excited! And also thanks for the game suggestions I've been looking at a few and might order some later.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:36 pm by JUiCE

Phoenix33 wrote:Ok so it's official I just ordered my PS3 from TQShop Amazon and it will be here tomorrow. I'm too excited! And also thanks for the game suggestions I've been looking at a few and might order some later.

WHOOOO HOOO!!! CONGRATS!! and THANK YOU!!

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:39 pm by Desz

Thanks Phoenix!

We are here to help with your PS3 experience.

I forgot to mention "Shatter". It's cheap, has great music, incredible addicting game play and good replay value.

You do know about game sharing as well right?

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:51 pm by Guest

I don't know about anything anymore but I'm sure I'm going to learn really soon. I haven't played games in a couple of years but I catch on really fast.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:19 pm by Denoch

PS3 is the only way to go, it is more reliable and the console is a multimedia hub, if you really want a 360 to play all the exclusive then amazon from TQ or ebay can provide them at a dirt cheap price, they will eventually die any way so why buy it new?

With all the games on the PSN,Blu-Ray, all the great titles coming out on the PS3, there is now way you cannot get this console first.
PS3 all the way for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:08 pm by TQ-Joe

As an owner of both i play the xbox more but if you dont have much friends on the xbox go for the ps3 if you have alot of friends on the xbox your experience on the will be 10x greater then it could on the ps3 with partychat and all.

Kosamus wrote:I know their are tons of games out there, but im just listing the games I would want to play if I had a new console. The games with a * are the games you can real cheap.

Playstation 3 - Retail

*Infamous
*Killzone 2
Uncharted *1 & 2
*Metal Gear Solid 4
*Fallout 3 with DLC
Assassins Creed 2
Dragon Age
*God of War Collection
Batman Arkham Asylum
Heavy Rain
Yakuza 3

Xbox360 - Retail

Mass Effect *1 & 2
*Fallout 3 with DLC
*Gears of War 2
*Bioshock
Assassins Creed 2
Dragon Age
Batman Arkham Asylum
*Skate

dont forget gears 1 and fable 1 and 2 or halo 3 there are alot of old games for mad cheap on the xbox and that are awesome too

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:09 pm by JvdAmdShdt

@ TQ-Joe I was think about that, I really liked the Halo series and Gears Of War. Since I played Gears 1 and Halo 1 and 2 I've been thinking. My cuz said he is going to get a PS3. Oh well I have until March.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:28 pm by Guest

@JvdAmdShdt, I have had my PS3 for two days now and I totally LOVE it. I got my son an Xbox 360 Elite for Christmas and I can't seem to get into it. He likes it though and we've bought him a few games for it. Anyway, I guess it just depends on which console is going to have the games you like the most but from what I hear Playstation is coming out with some really awesome exclusive games. Anyway my choice still stands with the PS3 especially having played it all day and messing around with HOME.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:26 am by JvdAmdShdt

@Phoenix33
Ok, it really does come down on what games I want to play. Thanks for your opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum